Matt's Mind

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Whereis ...

I generally use www.whereis.com.au reflexively when looking for maps online. Not sure why, given that they insist on using POST to generate map pages meaning you can't send a whereis link to anyone or bookmark it.

Looking at their URL while cursing their POST technique, I noticed they do put some info in the URL. There's a "brandId" field, which selects which brand logo appears in the page. Slightly amateurish but, even better, setting brandId to an invalid value (e.g. 4) generates a server error (what a 733t hax0r I am).

Even if I couldn't tell they're using Struts by the ".do" in the URL, the NullPointerException gives the game away. I wonder why such a big site can't afford to employ developers with some sort of clue?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home